This is vital if your business depends on customers visiting your place of work – like shops, cafés, salons web design training and so on.
It’s really easy to embed a Google map in your website and today we show you how.
1. First visit Google Maps and find your business.
2. Click on the Settings gear icon at the bottom right of the screen, and then ‘Share and embed map’.
3. Use the drop-down to choose the size of your map. You can use one of the default sizes or enter a custom size.
4. Copy the embed iframe code from the top right of the screen.
5. Now paste the iframe code into the source code of your website.
If your site is built with HTML that’s the HTML file for your contact page. You can use Dreamweaver or a text editor to do this and then FTP the file onto your site.
If you’re using WordPress, use the Text editor to paste the code into your contact page.
6. Now check the front-end of your site to make sure the map is displaying properly and you’re happy with with size and position.
And you’re done!