NextGEN Gallery is the most popular WordPress gallery plugin, and one of the most popular WordPress plugins of all time, with over 6 million downloads.
It provides a powerful engine for uploading and managing galleries of images, with the ability to batch upload, import meta data, add/delete/rearrange/sort images, edit thumbnails, group galleries into albums, and more.
It also provides two front-end display styles (slideshows and thumbnail galleries), both of which come with a wide array of options for controlling size, style, timing, transitions, controls, lightbox effects, and more.
The NextGEN Gallery WordPress gallery plugin is now proudly maintained by Photocrati Media. Special thanks to Alex Rabe who created and maintained NextGEN from 2007 through 2011.
NextGEN WordPress Gallery Plugin Features
- Upload GalleriesOur WordPress gallery plugin offers diverse and powerful functionality for getting images from your desktop to your website. You can easily upload batches of images via a standard WordPress-style uploader, or upload images via zip file or FTP. NextGEN will automatically import your images meta data.
- Centralized gallery management. Enjoy a single location where you can see and manage all your galleries.
- Edit galleries. Add or exclude images, change gallery title and description, reorder of images, resize thumbnails.
- Thumbnail Management. Turn thumbnail cropping on and off, customize how individual thumbnails are cropped, and bulk resize thumbnails across one or more galleries.
- Edit Individual Images. Edit meta data and image tags, rotate images, and exclude images.
- Watermarks. Quickly add watermarks to batches or galleries of images.
- Albums. Create and organize collections of galleries, and display them in either compact or extended format.
- Two Gallery Types. Choose between two main display styles: Slideshow and Thumbnail, and allow visitors to toggle between the two.
- Slideshow Galleries. Choose from a vast array of options for slideshows, including slideshow size, transition style, speed, image order, and optional navigation bar.
- Thumbnail Galleries. Choose from a wide range of options to customize thumbnail galleries, including 5 different lightboxes for individual images, optional thumbnail cropping and editing, thumbnail styles, captions, and more.
- Single Image Displays. Display and format single images.
- Work with Options Panel or Shortcodes.
We offer practical WordPress courses. Introductory to advanced levels. WordPress Training South Africa